Saturday, January 21, 2012

One Track Mind....




Did I ever tell you about the time I was hit by an Amtrak train?




This picture is me, my elbow in traction in May of 1975…

My lower left leg was nearly torn off, my right elbow exploded…I ran the wrong way when I realized it was behind me and ran into it…therefore I was in a stride with my right arm and left leg out as I was sucked in and shot off…

I came to right away and saw the wheels spark by my face, I got up and walked on a wobbling leg, carrying an arm where the bones were exploded into pieces…

So this pic…Schlitz on my chest…lol…not really mine, probably one of my sisters or their boyfriends…That was Deerfield in the 60s and 70s…we partied everywhere and anywhere…drank, smoked pot…




Our entire lives revolved around where the party was…

In 1975 I was in 8th grade and didn’t start drinking or smoking pot for about another year…One might think because my athletic career ended here…maybe…still thinking about a walk on for the Cubs...

the previous year I batted 600 and threw a no hitter and had a game where as pitcher I struck out 15 out of 18 batters and the other 2 outs were come backers to the mound and a pop out to second base, in other words I was involved in 17 of the defensive 18 outs…I could have caught the pop out to second base…






My life obviously changed but who could argue the extraordinary miracle it was for a hundred pound boy to bounce off a train going 80 miles an hour…

Afterwards I decided to accept the end of my athletic career (I really wanted nothing else but to play pro ball) my focus after the accident became filmmaking…




I had lots of talents, cartooning, class clown…and never for a moment thought I would fail…

Once I barely got out of high school I went on to get A’s and B’s in film school…The difference was College was my choice…I was studying what interested me…

Within 3 years the professors recognized my talent...One professor collaborated with me on 2 screenplays, another gave me a mini scholarship to help me in LA…in three months in LA I was selling a treatment, in 6 months being taken out to lunch by a producer on the Universal lot and one of my screenplays was said to be “brilliant” by major Hollywood studio execs and A list actors…





I went home, got my girlfriend pregnant and after finding out that behind the scenes certain people were lying to me and trying to rip me off, I called them out. My career went cold at that point. My girlfriend and I began to fight a lot and we split up, she went to Madison and I followed to play a part in my son’s life.

Instinctively I knew that he was the most important blessing I would ever have.

I worked in public access and video studios and ran my own video business for the next 20 some years…a bit of bartending and cab driving and such in slow times…I amassed a lot of the speculative work I share with you on youtube. I was always politically and socially aware but like most I believed many of the lies. I was a left wing leftist liberal and saw Republicans as the enemy.

After 911 I really woke up but along the way, I kept getting introduced to weird truths that I eventually investigated and researched. Stuff like The Franklin coverup and 911 being an inside job and then on and on through all the jaw dropping truths we all know about now.




In 2002 I first started being stalked and harrassed as I was actively trying to spread truth…Back then the truth movement was just leaving the station…here in 2011 we are still banging heads with the enemy and it could still go either way.

As you know I have fun, I like to make people laugh but I also like to try and do my part to try and keep my perception of this battle focused.

The reason I was a really good screenwriter is because I can understand motivation very well. I would have made a great homicide detective. When a movie has huge holes it sucks, but when it cleverly sees those holes and fills them with logic, we will allow the surprises to happen as long as the twists are logical, and that all goes to motivation.

That is why prosecuting attorneys want to add motive to their case.




Motive is usually things like money, passion, revenge, but the most motivating of all is those who live their lives looking over their shoulders wondering when they will finally pay the price for the crimes that they know they have committed…

This constant worry, stress, paranoia, results in a pro active approach to attacking their perceived enemies before they can do damage to them…This premeditated planning, spying, ears to the wall is an honor among thieves and murderers approach to survival…

But as the bodies pile up and the skeletons fall out of the closets, eventually they start turning on one another and also looking to foment bigger smoke screens such as world war to give the cover they need to take out more and more of their enemies…

That is where we are now…as we surround Libya and World War 3 is being staged on every front…It is about to explode…




That is why I made it my role to continually try to find new ways to state the obvious over and over again…The obvious that people refuse to acknowledge because like the old joke of looking for something in the wrong place because the light is better there…

Most of the time I have to remind myself that I am probably arguing with agents paid to confuse and continually get people to chase their own tails…to fight over symptoms and not causes…

On the days I am extra silly are the days I am feeling it is a lost cause and we might as well go out laughing…

On the days I am more serious I think maybe there is a chance, that maybe it isn’t written in prophecy but there is an open ending wanting a happier ending…

Some days I feel both simultaneously….

Creativity is a weapon…It is like a martial art…It can mesmorize, lead, move, scare, intimidate, inspire, distract…we as people want something beyond the same old…

we want a new joke, a new story, a better ending…a better life…

artists have a responsibility to not make people feel worse about their chances but better…

however optimism is foolish when pragmatism and reality are what is called for…

All I have to give in this world is me…and the me you see is me…

I am not an agent…

I have no agenda other than trying to do my best to make sure the bad guys don’t get away with their lifelong crimes…their tradition, ritual, hand me down evil…Once I saw what their game was I knew I needed to do something to stop them…




I never know who to trust but sometimes when I put faith in something I pray that it was the right move….I rarely put full faith in anything but myself and prayer…

On the days I play wounded…I may not be wounded at all…

On the days I poke at some of you, I may be testing to see who you are, how you respond…

Seems to me this blog is a good place to have thrown in a for a few skirmishes with the enemy…One never knows what words might distract your foe just long enough to make a difference…

I would ask those that are paid trolls to do an about face…You aren’t serving decency…or your mother or your father or your children or your neighbor…you are serving dishonesty…secrecy is not honesty…spying and under cover anything is not honesty…

The end will never justify the means or a paycheck.

Do an about face, get on your knees, say a prayer, ask for forgiveness and do an about face.

If you are flirting with compromise…don’t.

I flirt with it from time to time but something inside of me doesn’t allow it. I get more satisfaction out of spanking lies out of the ball park…

I never stopped pitching, playing defense and I’m still hitting over 600. Not bad for a crippled victim.




In every day life we come across moments where we are given the choice of being selfish or generous…

Someone once said to me, “Never resist a generous impulse.”

To me that was advice that stuck…

When I see people begging I often give them a buck even when I barely have a buck.

If I get accosted by ten people on one block I’m not as nice but that reaffirms my anger to hold the system accountable for creating a beggar every 5 feet.

I begged for work here and in prayer and finally got some.

I was feeling pretty down and wondering how I could help myself and finally someone or something employed my lifelong talents and skills…

All of us have talents and skills and we have a shit system that doesn’t care to find a place for them…





My goal is to try and restate the idea we can create a better system but to do so we have to recognize that the very reason this system sucks is because of the parasites who truly are vampires.

Vampires need a stake through the heart, one way or the other…they need to be put out of their misery and ours…

Vampires don’t need victimhood status and coddling…they need to be seen for what they are…blood sucking parasites…

I could die tomorrow but I said what needed to be said today and yesterday…hundreds of times before I died and hopefully, eventually, like all the others before me who ran this race, played this seemingly endless extra inning game…Those that have been prolonging the misery by cheating will finally be held accountable by those who will look at the source of the cancer and not the symptoms and cut that cancer out…

remove it, destroy it, end it…




White hats, white dragons, new republic, old republic, if there is an entity out there willing to do what is right and deliver a walk off home run…please do…

My arm is tired.

It got hit by a train you know…

did I ever tell you about that?


@ eugene

Great ‘train’ story…. funny, earnest, and true – qualities a great writer puts into his/her work….

I did want to say that …. it’s so funny how life is.. I can really relate to your story as I too grew up with the dream of going to ‘the show’ and was a damn good hitter, not much foot speed, but quick hands, great backhand at 3rd and a rocket for an arm….

It really destroyed me when I was forced out and couldn’t do the thing I loved anymore…. but then I started writing and a new ‘Me’ was born….. it’s taken most of the 15 years since then to recover some semblance of a sense of self-confidence and motivation to face each morning…. but damn it… I did it!

So, just wanted to say ‘thanks for sharing’ – (also, being new to the business and only a few months out of film school – I’d love some advise from your experience…. at some point when you have the time.)







Me after being hit by the train in 1975...8th grade...in traction.
 ·  ·  · Share · Edit · November 1, 2009

  • Ingeri Herzog Belill likes this.

    • Richard Lehman I had completely forgotten that. Not you huh?
      November 2, 2009 at 11:31am · 

    • Geno Kalmes I have many reminders all the time but it's all good.
      November 2, 2009 at 1:05pm · 

    • Jeff Barbee What happened to the train? http://coreyking.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/trainwreck2.jpg
      November 2, 2009 at 4:36pm · 

    • Geno Kalmes it's an emotional wreck but otherwise it's okay. :) It feels foolish failing to kill a 110 pound kid.
      November 2, 2009 at 6:19pm · 

    • Geno Kalmes just hit the link...yeah...I guess I hit it harder than I thought. LOL.
      November 2, 2009 at 6:20pm · 

    • Kim Villarreal I remember when you showed for graduation. It was exilerating for everyone there. We were so overjoyed for you. I rememebr it well!
      November 2, 2009 at 9:22pm · 

    • Geno Kalmes I got a big cheer when everyone was supposed to not clap...Mr. Pearce started it...God I loved that guy...he was the discipline no one ever achieved with me...he made being screamed at fun...
      November 2, 2009 at 9:29pm · 

    • Ingeri Herzog Belill WOW, yes, I remember that, too! You are a MIRACLE!!!!
      November 3, 2009 at 8:03am · 

    • Jerry Plude Remember it like it was yesterday !! I was late that day too but my Mom gave me a ride. Should of rode with us!!
      November 22, 2009 at 5:36pm · 

    • Geno Kalmes lol wish i had
      November 22, 2009 at 5:37pm · 

    • Jerry Plude Yea, me too buddy, me too
      November 22, 2009 at 5:51pm · 

    • Robert McNulty I always wondered why you have the email address shatteredellbow. Now I know...
      March 2, 2010 at 12:05am · 

    • Faith Hinde Wow, I remember this also. Well and like Kim we were all so glad to have you back at graduation, but wow I didn't know what a force you were untill just know. Just look at the picture Jeff Barbee has of the train!
      March 3, 2010 at 8:36pm · 

    • Geno Kalmes able to leap into one in a single bound...
      March 3, 2010 at 9:10pm · 

    • Peter Nye Wow,TIME WARP.....This does make me want to sing you right out of the blues. You look so pitiful. How could we refuse a pvt concert at HPH?
      March 4, 2010 at 7:39am · 

    • Geno Kalmes lol...
      March 4, 2010 at 7:48am · 

    • Lulu Puccio OMG..i remember this... never saw pics before...CRAZY !
      March 12, 2010 at 1:46pm · 

    • Lulu Puccio btw..nice mad magazine and beer..way to be treated !
      March 12, 2010 at 1:47pm · 

    • Robert McNulty Right? I know but I was wondering who smuggled that beer in??? Anyone want to spill the beans? Imagine how a late 70's nurse Ratchet would react if she saw that? The question is... did he drink it???
      March 12, 2010 at 2:47pm · 

    • Geno Kalmes nah, forever the poser...lol...
      March 12, 2010 at 2:49pm · 

    • Jerry Plude Actually beer was a radical new theapy they were trying back then. It didn't pan out like they thought it would. The Ins company had to pay out too much for AA rehab! Ha
      March 12, 2010 at 5:51pm · 

    • Geno Kalmes lol Jerry...
      March 12, 2011 at 2:52pm · 

    • Geno Kalmes I do some comedy on my train accident about 30 minutes into my comedy documentary on my wall...some pretty funny one liners...
      April 27, 2011 at 12:10am · 

    • Aprill Seekamp I guess you weren't kidding??! Nde...??
      July 8, 2011 at 11:00pm · 


1 comment:

  1. A Response to an article about the elite pursuing life extending/immortality technology/Medicines...

    ****

    the people who are the most afraid of death are those afraid that there is something beyond... if there is nothing why worry? You shut down and it is over... you don't sit in a black hole wishing you weren't... you are dead... if there is life after death and since I have seen ghosts I know that there is... proof energy lives on... and proof of past lives through testimonials... and also some pretty darn convincing Near death experience stories... why would one cling to life forever.... isn't 70 years or so enough... the idea of creating a world where no one dies or some do and some don't is about as perverse as Monsanto or bioweapons...


    and it is all fear based and perhaps based in a fear that worries they have not lived the kind of life the afterworld might look upon as a life well spent... that a judgment really does await... that guilt plays into their fears.... that maybe some of the stories they were told were real and they arrogantly held them in contempt... self doubt to whether they were the smartest person in the room or the universe... No thank you.... I strive to make my 70 years something I feel good about and I will either see something else or I won't and just go to sleep... I do not fear it... will I have a paramedic pump on my chest during a heart attack.... I don't know... I brought my son back with CPR one night after he was beaten to death and the overwhelming sense I got was not that I brought him back but God did to show me that he can give and take and I cried for hours thanking him.... I do not believe for a second I brought him back.... my breath breathed into his mouth was Gods breath... Whatever form that is... It exists. Not worried enough to have Frankensteins working on this. It's already covered like the seeds monsanto is ruining.

    ReplyDelete